Thursday, May 7, 2020

Eyelash extensions: my experience before, during and after eyelash extensions



I was born without much body hair. I feel lucky; I am one of the few who has gotten rid of not having to shave or shave my legs. On the downside, my eyebrows are thin and my lashes are short, light, and sparse like my eyebrows.

I don't wear a mask. I found that my lashes fell out along with the mascara when it was time to clean.

At my sister's insistence, I decided to try the eyelash extensions. I've seen other girls ... oh, have those long butterfly lashes!

The process:

Eyelash extensions come in three different lengths: long, medium, and natural. Because my own lashes are short to start with, I went for the natural length. The entire procedure was long and tedious. Each individual eyelash extension had to be glued to mine and I had to keep my eyelids closed at all times, doing my best not to move them, as any movement caused the eyelashes to be glued but not fully attached. distorted. As for any pain or discomfort, there was none, except for the smell of the glue, which wasn't too bad. I was restless the whole time and couldn't contain my anticipation. After forty-five minutes, which seemed like more than two hours, the eyelash extension procedure was performed. I looked at myself in the mirror ... OMG. Those are not my eyes! They are too sexy, too tempting! (OMG again!) I had to look long and hard in the mirror. I had long lashes! Not only that, but it also looked like he had eyeliner. My sister and I laughed and laughed like two teenagers. I left that room very happy. I didn't even take a look at the brochure they gave me, the "How to Care" instructions for my new and deliciously prolific lashes.

Maintenance:

My eyelids felt heavier. Why of course. I soon discovered that waving longer lashes required getting used to. That night, when it was time to clean my face, I also realized two things when reading my "Eyelash Extension Owner's Manual":

Rule 1. Avoid (or at least try to avoid) getting your sensitive eyelash extension glue homeuse wet. Water and friction shorten its life. (Theoretically, eyelash extensions are supposed to last forty days, then maintenance to repair the few eyelashes that have fallen out.) I did my best to clean my eyes with a make-up remover. I soon realized that this whole business of not getting them wet was very unrealistic. In the end, I moistened them I did. I could not avoid it.

Rule # 2. Don't rub your new lashes. This was harder. I was a perpetual criminal. I could not avoid it. My eyelids itch, I rub. Longer lashes, more rubbing.

Oh well, they are not supposed to last. If they go, they go. In total, my eyelash extensions that were to last more than five weeks lasted for three weeks. During that time, as the lash extensions gradually peeled off, I sometimes wished I had taken better care of them. I wish I hadn't rubbed or wet them as much. But at other times, when my eyelids itched, I couldn't wait for all the lash extensions I pulled out and stuck prematurely to come off.

I would do it again? Probably not. Although I was happy with my lash extensions for the first two weeks, the week that followed after that was quite awkward since half of them had already stuck. I would compare it to a bad haircut. I'm also a picky person and couldn't help but rub my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment