Friday, March 13, 2020

30-Minute Vegetarian Curry Meal Recipe

A few years ago, I didn't even know what a "curry" was. I know the spice and have always associated it with hot and spicy Indian cuisine.

A vegetarian friend of mine always talked about preparing a curry for dinner. Every time I asked her to explain exactly what she defined as "a curry," she gave me an evasive answer. Something about sautéing vegetables and steaming rice.

Finally I got ready and looked it up at the trusty old Webster's. It says, 'A sauce made with curry powder, a kind of stew made with curry.' Referring to my collection of vegetarian cookbooks, I found an easy recipe for a curry. Now, I have realized how useful this 'method' or 'principle' is.

By simply skipping a variety of vegetables in a curry powder or pasta, I was able to get a flavorful vegetable 'stew'. Powdered curry is not necessarily spicy. There are many slight variations on the market. So if you've always associated curry powder as a spicy spice, keep in mind that milder versions are available everywhere.

Image result for "http://www.curryclubtakeaway.com/"
A little curry can go a long way. Using a soft type, I find that I can use more without worrying if I am going to make a hole in my mouth. Powdered curry seems to go well with a wide variety of vegetables and meats. Cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and potatoes, as well as chicken, shrimp, eggs, and tofu all miraculously combine with this dazzling yellow powder that creates duos and dazzling mixes. When I make a curry, it's usually at the end of the week when the fridge is emptying and I want to use my vegetables.

Steam some rice flavored like Basmati or brown to accompany South Asia.

Since curry pastes are known to be hot, traditional Raita, a mix of fresh, soothing cucumbers tossed with yogurt, hits the curry table.

Below is my version of an 'Indian Dinner' with a Cucumber Raita and Vegetable Curry. Now, I am not an expert in Indian cuisine, although I would love to travel someday to taste the authentic flavors of the country. If Indian cuisine is your specialty, make the changes you consider necessary in the following recipes.

The good thing about curry (aside from the fact that it's a delicious change from old-fashioned meals) is that it is prepared quickly. At least my non-authentic recipe is. Add the rice and chop some cucumbers for a complete and satisfying meal in 30 minutes maximum!

And finally, after forcing the first part, whoever hesitates to try the new food (most of the time children) a soft curry wins over most hearts. If you've never tried a curry before, try my recipe. I don't like really hot dishes, so my curry is smooth but robust. My children, even when they were young, have always gobbled up this dish and even order seconds. You might also be a little surprised at how much you like it
Image result for "http://www.curryclubtakeaway.com/"

No comments:

Post a Comment